According to McKinsey, India is projected to have 330 to 370 million Internet users by 2015, making the country second only to China’s 583 million Internet user base and surpassing the United States user base of 279 million. Where it becomes even more interesting is that these projections imply an Internet penetration rate of only 28% for India. This pales in comparison to the Internet penetration rates of 43% for China and 86% for the United States. India is also experiencing a consumption boom that will only accelerate driven by it’s favourable demographics of a rapidly expanding middle class and a youthful population where 51.8% of it’s 1.2 billion population are under the age of 35. This growing affluent customer base paints a very clear picture that India’s online market potential is enormous and that the Internet Growth Story for India is just getting started.
Recognizing this opportunity, WaveIndia has put together a comprehensive portfolio of dot-com domain names that covers some of India’s most established consumer and commercial industries that are now evolving towards e-commerce. Whether you are an established business or an aspiring start-up, building your Internet brand with the right dot-com domain name will bring online credibility and elevate your presence.
See below why a Dot-Com domain name is critical to your online success.
- A strong dot-com domain name is fundamental to your online branding, key to your email identity and will lower your marketing costs over the long run.
- Your business runs the very real risk of being undermined by a dot-com domain name if you build your online presence with a domain name using a different extension. For example, a dot-in domain will always be overshadowed by the more credible and globally recognized dot-com domain name, which is why top Indian sites such as MakeMyTrip, FlipKart, Makaan, Shaadi, 99acres, Naukri, Quikr, IndiaTimes, SnapDeal, MoneyControl and many more have anchored their websites using a dot-com domain name.
- A high quality generic dot-com domain name that describes your business or service will attract attention, biasing people to your company over competitors and sends a powerful message to the industry. Most market leaders already own good generic domain names for this reason.
- A developed keyword rich or generic dot-com domain containing your industry, product, or service will make it much easier to rank in search engines which will increase the effectiveness of your marketing and force your competitors to spend more money on advertising to compete.
- Top mobile applications all have dot-com websites including WhatsApp, YouTube, Facebook, Viber, Instagram, Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, Uber, Zomato and Saavn.
© waveindia.com 2014. All Rights Reserved.